Monday, May 25, 2009

Love in frienship for the sake of Allah.



Mu`adh (bin Jabal) (RA) reported: Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `For those who love one another for the sake of My Glory, there will be seats of light (on the Day of Resurrection), and they will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs". [Tirmidhi]

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: The Prophet (SAW) said, "Seven are (the persons) whom Allah will give Shade of His Thrown on the Day when there would be no shade other than His Throne's Shade: A just ruler; a youth who grew up worshipping Allah; a man whose heart is attached to mosques; two persons who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer by saying): `I fear Allah'; a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given; and a person who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes well up". [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine"[Muslim]

It is mentioned in a hadith Qudsi “My love is incumbent upon those who love one another for My sake, those who exchange visits for My sake, those who sit with one another for My sake, and those who put themselves in the service of one another for My sake”. It is the loyalty of those who love one another not for worldly benefits but only in the cause of Allah. Those are the ones for whom Allah's love is incumbent. [Malik]

The Prophet (SAW) said: “ If a man makes friendship for God, God will increase his rank in Paradise and will not reduce anything from his actions.”

No comments: