Monday, May 14, 2012

seeking springs of life

A true, inspiring story of a young revert sister seeking springs of life in the seasons of trials and tribulations...
As I was walking out of the lecture hall of the CERDAS (Center for Human Development and Human Sciences) in IIUM , a young lady came running after me..."Sister, please wait, sister, can I talk to you?" I stopped, turned and smiled at her….and she said “Sister, how did you manage to save your iman?”  As she approached me slowly, I noticed through her shining bright eyes...her love for Allah,  ( she is wearing the niqab) her hopes to be heard and her wishes for pieces of advice in her moments of desperation.  She asked me again, “sister, how did you go through all these years facing the challenges and how did you endured the ordeals when you first reverted to Islam?  Then, I told her that Allah is sufficient for us…. And we should always place our deep trust in Him…

She came to the light of Islam two years ago. She confessed that she is going through difficult situations to preserve her iman but she is still performing her  solat and covering her aurah …..Each words she poured out really touched my heart and I was most impressed by her expressions when she said “ sis, I want to find a solution to move out of my house to a place nearer to my working place as soon as possible as I want to save my fasting  this coming Ramadan, but I don’t have the heart to leave my aged parents.” Then, I told her to seek her parents blessings as that was what I did when I converted to Islam more than twenty years ago...

May Allah grant her the strength and wisdom to face all the hurdles of life as a believer…..we exchanged our hand phone numbers and we will be meeting again during our next lectures on Islamic studies here at the uni, inshaAllah…
That was our first meeting and she seems to be inspired and I am actually aspired by her….

May Allah protect us, strengthen our iman and shower our lives with crystals of hopes to form solid gems of faith in order to taste  springs of life in the midst of  spices of life….as
"Those who believe, and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest ."(Ar-Ra'd: 8)

 Allah listens to our cries and guides us…..
Each moment contains a hundred messages from ALLAH: To every cry of "Oh Lord," He answers a hundred times, "I am here."  ~ Mevlana Rumi
Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala says: "When My servants ask about Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every supplicant, when he calls on Me. Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me, so that they may walk in the right way" al-Qur'an 2:186

When we have Allah and put Him first in our lives, why must we worry...as we always have Allah’s supreme protection…..
Allah is sufficient for me. I have placed my trust in Him, He is the Lord of the Majestic Throne. [Surah Tawbah, verse 129]
Abdullah bin Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) reports that ‘One day I was behind the Prophet (Peace be upon him), and he said to me’,
“O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him before you. If you ask, then ask only from Allah; and if you seek help, then seek help only from Allah. Know that if the whole of mankind were to come together to benefit you in anything, they would not be able to benefit you, except with that which Allah has already decreed for you, and know that if the whole of mankind were to come together to harm you in anything, they would not be able to harm you, except with that which Allah has already decreed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.” [Tirmidhi]
 “Yes, if you remain patient and conscious of Allah and the enemy come upon you [attacking] in rage, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels having marks [of distinction] “ [Al 'Imran 3:125].

May Allah open our hearts, mind and souls to His Love and Light enabling us to taste His wondrous love, light and mercy on an amazing journey to be lovers of God….and eventually living in a serene, joyful and loving life with all brothers and sisters with true love for the sake of Allah…..Thank you Allah for Your Endless Blessings....
With much love and light,
Nur

1 comment:

khadijah said...

assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu sis!!

wowow masha'allah!
what a beautiful well written post with such intricate images you have illustrated through choice of words! Masha'Allah! This is really such a beautiful post and I really enjoyed reading it :)

Jazakilah kheyr for this! and i'm going to check out some more posts insha'Allah!

xo
Khadijah- a Canadian Chinese revert! :)

please do visit my blog & check out the latest on "why we cover"!
(www.onechinesemuslimah.blogspot.com)